The Island Inn at 123 West is Silver LEED Certified and strives to be as green as it gets. Owner Misty Todd is committed to maintaining a strong eco-ethos, and has hand-picked smart products and engaged in smart practices to enhance the guest experience as well as take good care of San Juan Island.
Her commitment shows in everything she does:
• Funneling rainwater from hotel roofs and walkways to a center runnel where it’s stored for use around the hotel.
• Offering complimentary garage parking to guests who ride their bicycles onto the ferry and electric bicycles for guests to rent.
• Using 100% recyclable microfiber sheets and carpets.
• Transitioning to LED lightbulbs throughout the Inn.
• Using lightweight, waffle-weave cotton towels that require less energy to wash and dry.
• Refilling and reusing recyclable bath dispensers with soaps made from 100% natural ingredients.
• Offering complimentary coffee and granola made just a few miles from the Inn and packaged with recycled materials.
• Recycling property-wide, and encouraging guests to do the same through handy receptacles and recycling guides in all guest rooms.
• Using plant-derived cleaning products made in the USA that are GMO and cruelty free.